Palsaik Korean BBQ: Personal Experience

This time is Korean food time! I always have cravings for Korean food. I always find them super delicious. That’s what you get when you watch too many Korean variety shows showing them eating and cooking. “The King of Food” is my personal favourite.

Anyways, I’ve tried many restaurants and Palsaik Korean BBQ is one of them. Palsaik in Korean means 8 colours which represents their specialty; 8-flavoured samgyupsal (pork belly). I found out about this restaurant when my friend brought me around in Melbourne and told me that they even have one in Malaysia. 

Palsaik Korean BBQ in Melbourne
It was quite unique when I had it with my friend in Melbourne so I decided to bring my family to try this out in Mont Kiara. If you Google for the address, this will be it: J-01-09, SohoKL, No. 2, Jalan Solaris, Solaris Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.

Palsaik Korean BBQ in Mont Kiara

We shared the 8-flavours set among the 5 of us. The flavours are arranged from mild to strong ones. They recommended us to eat according to the flavours so that we can savour each of the different flavours. You would not be able to taste the mild ones if you had the strong ones. The 8 flavours are in the following order: ginseng- wine- pine leaves- garlic- herb- curry- miso paste- hot (spicy). I personally like the wine and pine leaves as I can taste both the sauces and the pork belly. If you like strong flavours, the garlic ones are great.


8 flavours labelled according from mild to strong flavours (left to right)

I love the fact that they provide a variety of fresh vegetables including lettuce, cabbage and even sesame leaves to eat with. Other restaurants usually would provide only lettuce. They go so well with the pork that we asked for refills so many times. 

Variety of fresh vegetables

The set also comes with a kimchi seafood soup. Unfortunately, I found only 1 prawn and one piece of the crab’s body in the soup which was supposed to be shared by multiple person. The amount is the same during the time I shared with my friend (2 person). This point is quite disappointing. You can see in the picture below of the lonely prawn at the top. 

Seafood soup
2-paged menu
Besides, the menu is very limited as they only serve their specialty and a few other dishes. I guess if you are looking to having a variety, this place should not be the top of your list. However, their specialty is really delicious and is worth to give a try. 

Happy eating! :)

Comments

Popular Posts